13. Scraps of material as a baby mobile
As for what to hang... booties, teething rings, light-weight toys, scraps of felt and paper shapes are all great options. To attach the items to the base, tie a piece of thick string to the middle of the crosspiece, then a piece at each end of the crosspiece, (up to 2 per side), and make sure it balances. Finally, fix the crosspiece to the top of the cot, or the ceiling, so that it comes down level with your baby's chest, but make sure baby can't reach it to pull things off. Mobiles should always be removed when a baby is able to sit up.
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite