Lots of women under 50 aren't getting enough iron, which means - among other things - they have less get up and go and their periods are often heavier. As iron travels through the blood, it's even more important to eat iron-rich foods during your period as your levels dip even more. Red meat, spinach, good quality dark chocolate, hummus, dried apricots and sunflower seeds are all iron-rich and delicious.
Did you know? Taking an iron tablet with a glass of orange juice helps the body to absorb it better.
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu