Lots of women under 50 aren't getting enough iron, which means - among other things - they have less get up and go and their periods are often heavier. As iron travels through the blood, it's even more important to eat iron-rich foods during your period as your levels dip even more. Red meat, spinach, good quality dark chocolate, hummus, dried apricots and sunflower seeds are all iron-rich and delicious.
Did you know? Taking an iron tablet with a glass of orange juice helps the body to absorb it better.
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite
- Healthy juice recipes: 12 detox juices you can make at home