How to spring clean your home using vinegar
1. Use it to get rid of chewing gum. First take an ice cube to the gum to make it harden up and pull of what you can, then soak the clothing/carpet in vinegar to remove the rest.
2. For cloudly glassware - Soak paper towels or a cloth in full-strength white distilled vinegar and wrap around the inside and outside of the glass. Let it sit a while before rinsing.
3. Use vinegar instead of a shop-bought liquid fabric softener - it gets ride of odours, softens fabric and helps get rid of static.
4. Use it to clean toys - mix vinegar with water as it's a safe way to clean toys without using harsh chemicals.
5. Take off your shower head and soak it in vinegar overnight to remove build up. If you can't take off the head, or you don't want to, then you could soak a cloth in the vinegar and then wrap it round the head. Leave overnight.
Note: Vinegar can leave a nasty smell, if you want to avoid this add a couple of drops of essential oils to your mix before using.
Do you have a top cleaning tip you can do with vinegar? Tell us in the comment box below and we can add it to this page.
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Healthy juice recipes: Detox juices you can make at home
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu