How to spring clean your home using baking powder
1. If your bin smells a bit whiffy dust half a cup of baking power into the inside and fill it up with water. Once you rinse the smell should be gone!
2. Keep sheets and towels fresh - add half a cup of baking power to the rinse cycle and help keep linens extra clean and fluffy.
3. Sprinkle a handful of baking powder into the bottom of the dishwasher to absorb food odours before your next load.
4. Use baking powder to help lift stubborn baked-on foods, shake a hearty amount into the pan, add washing up liquid and hot water. Let it sit for 15 minutes before scrubbing.
5. To get out musty smells from sponges soak in 4 tablespoons of baking power to one quarter warm water. Rinse after half an hour.
Do you have a top cleaning tip using baking power? Tell us in the comment box below and we can add it to this page!
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite
- Healthy juice recipes: 12 detox juices you can make at home