How to spring clean your home using salt
1. Sprinkle salt on to spillages and it will be easier to remove the stain.
2. Make a paste out of salt and vinegar and use it to polish brass, copper and silver. Rub on the paste, rinse and dry to turn grubby items all shiny and new again.
3. Take 1 tablespoon of salt and another one of vinegar and put into tea-and-coffee-stained cups. Fill with hot water and let the cups stand for a few hours, wash and rise - the stains will be gone.
4. Add 1 cup of course salt to soften new blue jeans and stop the colours from fading.
5. Get rid of soap scum from bathroom tiles by mixing 1 part salt to 4 parts vinegar ? use the solution to scrum between the tiles and then wipe clean.
Do you have a top cleaning tip using salt? Tell us in the comment box below and we can add it to this page!
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite