Clara says: 'Nail biting is a typical habit that people have picked up because at some point it served them well. It might have got them attention, or they may have seen someone they admired do it. Or simply they were bored and their fingers filled a gap in that moment.
'Become aware of when you are nail biting, and focus on what you're doing right now; ask yourself what is the wanted end result of what you're doing? And what are you doing the task for? Is nail biting is relevant to that purpose? Probably not!
'Replace the old redundant habit with something you want to be doing instead.'
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite
- Healthy juice recipes: 12 detox juices you can make at home