Sauces: the best and worst revealed
But have you ever stopped to think how many extra calories you might be adding to your already calorific meal, just with a dollop of your fave sauce?
We’ve taken a look at 14 of the most popular sauces, like tomato ketchup, mayonnaise, Reggae Reggae sauce, mustard and plenty of other of the nation’s favourites to see where they stand in the health stakes.
Who could have ever predicted that some of these sauces could be so unhealthy? Click through our gallery to sort through the healthy sauces from the not-so-healthy.
We’ve looked at the calorie content, sugar, fat and salt content in each sauce per 100 grams, to reveal which are the healthy sauces., so you can be smarter about which sauce you chose to add to your meal.
Plus keep an eye out for the culprit that contains over 10 teaspoons of sugar, in every 100 grams – shocking!
Which of these sauces is your favourite? Did the results shock you? Let us know in our comments section below…
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Healthy juice recipes: Detox juices you can make at home
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu