Women's bodies are designed to have a lower centre of gravity for child carrying and childbirth, which means that we tend to carry fat on the hips and on the outer thighs. These extra pouches of fat are commonly referred to as 'saddlebags'. Having these areas of stored fat is natural, but if it's particulary bothering you there are ways to tone and improve it.
How to get rid of it
Try the hip dip!
- Lie on your side on the floor with your legs together and prop yourself up on your forearm.
- Lift your hips into the air into a side plank and hold.
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite