Women's bodies are designed to have a lower centre of gravity for child carrying and childbirth, which means that we tend to carry fat on the hips and on the outer thighs. These extra pouches of fat are commonly referred to as 'saddlebags'. Having these areas of stored fat is natural, but if it's particulary bothering you there are ways to tone and improve it.
How to get rid of it
Try the hip dip!
- Lie on your side on the floor with your legs together and prop yourself up on your forearm.
- Lift your hips into the air into a side plank and hold.
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Top natural hay fever remedies
- Calories in summer drinks: The best and worst for your diet
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed