Which is the healthiest yogurt for your diet?
With so many amazing flavours and options to choose from (sprinkles, chocolate, fruity sauce, hurrah!), we often find ourselves in the chilled foods aisle totally spoilt for choice. Whilst you might fall into the trap of assuming all yogurts are a healthy choice and great if you’re on a diet, on closer inspection some aren't quite as healthy as you’d imagine from the promises made on the packaging.
With alarming levels of sugar, high calories and lots of fat in some of the most popular supermarket favourites, yogurts could be doing more damage than good with many people not realising which ones aren't very good for us after all.
In fact, one of the yogurts we rated contains a staggering 18.8g of sugar - that's nearly 40% of your daily allowance in one go!
Deciphering the details can be time consuming and confusing, so we’ve done the hard work for you. We've compared 20 different varieties of yogurt ranging from kids' favourites like Munch Bunch and Petits Filous, well-known brands like Onken and Danone, to other favourites like Greek yogurt, so you know which healthiest yogurts to bulk buy and those to leave on the shelf. Now you just have to decide whether to serve them on your cereal or have them as a snack!
Which of these healthy (or not so healthy) yogurts is your favourite from our round up? Did the results shock you? Let us know in our comments section below…
- Healthy juice recipes: Detox juices you can make at home
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!