How to unblock a toilet
If you know what the blockage is e.g. a sanitary item or nappy, put on a pair of (preferably long) rubber gloves and pull it out. However, if the blockage is of a more 'natural' substance and not something you can pick up, use a short piece of garden hose (about a metre long) and push it into the toilet and around the U-bend - this should shift the item along. It's not nice, but this can save money on a call-out.
It's worth reminding the family to only put toilet paper into the toilet - nappies, tampons, sanitary towels, condoms etc should all be wrapped up and binned.
- Healthy juice recipes: Detox juices you can make at home
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!