How to unblock a sink or plughole
You can also use use a plunger. Remember to block the overflow holes at the top of the sink/bath (use a damp kitchen towel or an old rag) as this means the pressure of the water as you plunge will go through through the system and not back out of the overflow. Place the plunger over the plughole and fill the sink/bath with just enough water that it covers the rubber part of the plunger. Move the plunger up and down quickly until the the water flows quickly.
To maintain a clean, fast-flowing drain, use a plunger regularly. Also, buy plughole strainers (available from the pound shop and supermarkets) which collect hairs etc instead of them clogging up the pipes.
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite
- Healthy juice recipes: 12 detox juices you can make at home