How to unblock a sink or plughole
You can also use use a plunger. Remember to block the overflow holes at the top of the sink/bath (use a damp kitchen towel or an old rag) as this means the pressure of the water as you plunge will go through through the system and not back out of the overflow. Place the plunger over the plughole and fill the sink/bath with just enough water that it covers the rubber part of the plunger. Move the plunger up and down quickly until the the water flows quickly.
To maintain a clean, fast-flowing drain, use a plunger regularly. Also, buy plughole strainers (available from the pound shop and supermarkets) which collect hairs etc instead of them clogging up the pipes.
- Healthy juice recipes: Detox juices you can make at home
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!