How to hang a picture frame
If you want to hang a larger picture, especially if framed with glass, then a simple picture hook may not be enough. If the painting has a string along the back, you can use two picture hooks, as above, and hang it up in the same way, using a spirit level to make sure it's straight.
Remember, if the wall is a plasterboard stud wall, you will need something called a toggle bolt which is designed for thin/hollow walls. A stud detector is also useful - it helps to detect wood studs so you can secure the hooks to something stable, otherwise the painting could fall down.
- Healthy juice recipes: Detox juices you can make at home
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!