How to fix a loose door
Make sure you buy the right replacements too - just work out how many screws you need, then remove one to take with you to the DIY store and buy that type but 1cm longer. Remember to buy slotted head screws (with just one line across them) as crosshead screws are harder, if not impossible, to remove if you paint over them. Replace them one at a time so that your door doesn't fall off the frame!
Some people also buy wooden dowels and tap them them into the holes before rescrewing as this makes the screws sit tighter and makes the hinge sturdier. If you find that the door is still loose or not closing properly, you could sand the area which is getting stuck.
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite