Best and worst soups for your diet - revealed!
Soups have become a storecupboard favourite for dieters. Over 19 million adults in the UK consider soup to be a healthy low-calorie option and compared to a lot of lunch choices, they definitely are, but you'd be surprised at how much more calorific some are than others.
We know it can be overwhelming to make a healthy soup choice when you're rushing around and just want a quick option, which is why we've compared 30 varieties ranging from classic flavours like tomato and chicken, to modern such as Thai carrot & lemongrass and Moroccan tagine.
We've put the nation's classics up against newer offerings promising to be skinny and light, and ranked them to find out which ones are the best and worst for you. While none of the soups in our edit are a terrible lunch or dinner choice by any means, we'll help you pick wisely so you can cut back on fat and calories!
All nutritional values are per 100g, to measure them all equally.
- Natural remedies for anxiety
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Best and worst cheeses for your diet: The healthiest cheese on the shelves
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Top natural hay fever remedies
- Calories in summer drinks: The best and worst for your diet
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams