Eating this way maximises your digestive capabilities, allowing your body to work less and achieve slimming results.
Unlike many diets, you can eat carbs, but not in the same meal as proteins, and those carbs must have high-nutritional value - so wholemeal pasta and rice rather than white varieties.
To add even more complexity, you can't eat fats with carb-based meals, nor can you eat processed food or sugar at any point. Wow, sounds confusing!
The diet comprises a weight loss phase and a maintenance phase, ensuring you'll be able to lose weight and then keep it off forevermore (if you're happy to continue limiting carbs that is!)
Where to next
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite
- Healthy juice recipes: 12 detox juices you can make at home