Foods you must avoid on this diet include meat and fish, dairy, tea, coffee, fizzy drinks and alcohol.
According to its founders (Sienna Miller's sister and chef Natasha Corrett) the human body finds it tricky to break down acidic food and so by introducing foods that sit between 7.35 and 7.45 on the pH scale, your body finds it easier to process everything you eat.
In addition to helping you lose weight, the Alkaline Diet will also help soothe aches and pains brought on by conditions such as arthritis and give you more energy, preventing headaches and bloating.
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite