Foods you must avoid on this diet include meat and fish, dairy, tea, coffee, fizzy drinks and alcohol.
According to its founders (Sienna Miller's sister and chef Natasha Corrett) the human body finds it tricky to break down acidic food and so by introducing foods that sit between 7.35 and 7.45 on the pH scale, your body finds it easier to process everything you eat.
In addition to helping you lose weight, the Alkaline Diet will also help soothe aches and pains brought on by conditions such as arthritis and give you more energy, preventing headaches and bloating.
- Healthy juice recipes: Detox juices you can make at home
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!