The diet takes the basic premise of eating a traditional Japanese diet, including lots of fish (at least three times a week), tofu, bamboo shoots, seaweed, pickles and a little meat for extra protein.
The way you cook foods when on The Japanese Diet is also very important. The Japanese steam most foods, making them low fat and extra condiments such as ginger and radish add in flavour you'd normally get through cooking in alternative ways such as frying or roasting.
Victoria Beckham is a strong advocate of The Japanese Diet.
- Healthy juice recipes: Detox juices you can make at home
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!