The diet takes the basic premise of eating a traditional Japanese diet, including lots of fish (at least three times a week), tofu, bamboo shoots, seaweed, pickles and a little meat for extra protein.
The way you cook foods when on The Japanese Diet is also very important. The Japanese steam most foods, making them low fat and extra condiments such as ginger and radish add in flavour you'd normally get through cooking in alternative ways such as frying or roasting.
Victoria Beckham is a strong advocate of The Japanese Diet.
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite
- Healthy juice recipes: 12 detox juices you can make at home