The diet takes the basic premise of eating a traditional Japanese diet, including lots of fish (at least three times a week), tofu, bamboo shoots, seaweed, pickles and a little meat for extra protein.
The way you cook foods when on The Japanese Diet is also very important. The Japanese steam most foods, making them low fat and extra condiments such as ginger and radish add in flavour you'd normally get through cooking in alternative ways such as frying or roasting.
Victoria Beckham is a strong advocate of The Japanese Diet.
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Low calorie snacks
- Salt shockers: Hidden salt in everyday foods
- Natural remedies for anxiety
- Best and worst cheeses for your diet: The healthiest cheese on the shelves
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Top natural hay fever remedies