Orange juice (250ml)
Sugar (g): 25
It would be easy to assume that fruit juice must be good for us. But, although natural, most fruit juices contain an alarming amount of sugar. On top of that, scientists in a recent experiment found that the type of sugar found in fruit (known as fructose) can actually make you feel hungrier quicker than glucose - and can even increasing cravings for high-calorie foods.
If you fancy a sweet treat, whole fruit is good for you as it contains much more than just fructose, including fibre, vitamins and minerals which make them a healthy alternative to foods high in added sugars and fat.
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Healthy juice recipes: Detox juices you can make at home
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!