4. Don't let fruits fool you
A small orange, for example, contains around nine grams of the white stuff, and if you're the sort of person who dashes out the house with just a banana for breakfast, it's worth knowing that there are 12 grams of sugar hiding in there. That's over 3 teaspoons!
You could try opting for fruits with less sugar, like strawberries, blackberries and raspberries, instead?
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite
- Healthy juice recipes: 12 detox juices you can make at home