4. Don't let fruits fool you
A small orange, for example, contains around nine grams of the white stuff, and if you're the sort of person who dashes out the house with just a banana for breakfast, it's worth knowing that there are 12 grams of sugar hiding in there. That's over 3 teaspoons!
You could try opting for fruits with less sugar, like strawberries, blackberries and raspberries, instead?
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu