Oats are a saviour for dieters, especially if you're the sort of person that finds themselves reaching for snacks by 11am. The key here is that oats release energy slowly, keeping you full and satisfied right up until lunchtime, and will do far more for you than a bowl of cereal or piece of fruit.
And you shouldn't just think of oats in terms of a breakfast food, these clever little grains make an amazing breadcrumb substitute. Finely chop them with a knife or in a blender, and transform your meatballs, fish cakes and chicken fillets.
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite
- Healthy juice recipes: 12 detox juices you can make at home