Oats are a saviour for dieters, especially if you're the sort of person that finds themselves reaching for snacks by 11am. The key here is that oats release energy slowly, keeping you full and satisfied right up until lunchtime, and will do far more for you than a bowl of cereal or piece of fruit.
And you shouldn't just think of oats in terms of a breakfast food, these clever little grains make an amazing breadcrumb substitute. Finely chop them with a knife or in a blender, and transform your meatballs, fish cakes and chicken fillets.
- Healthy juice recipes: Detox juices you can make at home
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!