It feeds the healthy bacteria which live in the intestine, keeping your digestive system healthy, and is super high in soluble fibre, which helps the body metabolise fats and cholesterol.
All in all, it's a carbohydrate lover's best friend.
Try our hearty root and barley soup recipe.
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite
- Healthy juice recipes: 12 detox juices you can make at home