It feeds the healthy bacteria which live in the intestine, keeping your digestive system healthy, and is super high in soluble fibre, which helps the body metabolise fats and cholesterol.
All in all, it's a carbohydrate lover's best friend.
Try our hearty root and barley soup recipe.
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Top natural hay fever remedies
- Calories in summer drinks: The best and worst for your diet
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Best bob hairstyles