Foods to help you sleep
But there are things you can be doing - well, even better, eating - that will help calm and relax you ready for bed. Yes, that's right. Foods to help you sleep; what a delightful combination.
It's all in the science really. We won't bore you with the details, well maybe we will a little, but basically there's a certain little amino-acid called tryptophan which is really great for sleep. It regulates your sleep patterns and also helps with the production of sleepy brain-chemicals serotonin and melatonin. Our body can't produce tryptophan itself, so we need to make sure we're getting enough of it from the foods we eat.
So, here are 18 foods to help you sleep, that all contain the magic ingredients needed for a good night's rest. Ready, steady, sleep!
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite