Foods to help you sleep
But there are things you can be doing - well, even better, eating - that will help calm and relax you ready for bed. Yes, that's right. Foods to help you sleep; what a delightful combination.
It's all in the science really. We won't bore you with the details, well maybe we will a little, but basically there's a certain little amino-acid called tryptophan which is really great for sleep. It regulates your sleep patterns and also helps with the production of sleepy brain-chemicals serotonin and melatonin. Our body can't produce tryptophan itself, so we need to make sure we're getting enough of it from the foods we eat.
So, here are 18 foods to help you sleep, that all contain the magic ingredients needed for a good night's rest. Ready, steady, sleep!
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Healthy juice recipes: Detox juices you can make at home
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu