In fact, recent research from Louisiana State University has shown that drinking 240ml of cherry juice before going to bed could help you to sleep for an average of a whopping 84 minutes longer! It turns out that the juice was found to prevent the build-up of brain chemicals that are linked to poor sleep.
It might not be your usual choice of drink, but at around £1 per carton from most supermarkets, it's worth giving the natural insomnia remedy a try...
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Low calorie snacks
- Salt shockers: Hidden salt in everyday foods
- Natural remedies for anxiety
- Best and worst cheeses for your diet: The healthiest cheese on the shelves
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Top natural hay fever remedies