'Coconut water is an excellent source of "electrolyte" minerals: potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorous and sodium,' explains nutritionist Cassandra Barnes. 'Balanced levels of these minerals are necessary to maintain normal muscle action, nerve function and hydration in our body. Deficiencies or imbalances may cause cramping and restless legs at night, and therefore disturbed sleep.'
To give it a go yourself, try drinking coconut water in the evening, an hour or two before you head to bed. 'Coconut water products from young green coconuts are thought to be the best,' Cassandra adds.
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu