Unfortunately we're not talking about a nice slice of toast with marmite and butter here, but to get the full benefits of the sleep-promoting properties it should be teamed up with banana and lettuce in an ultimate 'sleep sandwich'.
The banana is a great source of magnesium and potassium, both of which can help relax overstressed muscles. And all three contain tryptophan to stimulate production of key brain calming hormones.
We're not sure how they'd taste together, but could be worth a try if you're lacking in sleep!
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite
- Healthy juice recipes: 12 detox juices you can make at home