'Coconut water is an excellent source of "electrolyte" minerals: potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorous and sodium,' explains nutritionist Cassandra Barnes. 'Balanced levels of these minerals are necessary to maintain normal muscle action, nerve function and hydration in our body. Deficiencies or imbalances may cause cramping and restless legs at night, and therefore disturbed sleep.'
To give it a go yourself, try drinking coconut water in the evening, an hour or two before you head to bed. 'Coconut water products from young green coconuts are thought to be the best,' Cassandra adds.
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Low calorie snacks
- Salt shockers: Hidden salt in everyday foods
- Natural remedies for anxiety
- Best and worst cheeses for your diet: The healthiest cheese on the shelves
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Top natural hay fever remedies