Unfortunately we're not talking about a nice slice of toast with marmite and butter here, but to get the full benefits of the sleep-promoting properties it should be teamed up with banana and lettuce in an ultimate 'sleep sandwich'.
The banana is a great source of magnesium and potassium, both of which can help relax overstressed muscles. And all three contain tryptophan to stimulate production of key brain calming hormones.
We're not sure how they'd taste together, but could be worth a try if you're lacking in sleep!
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu