Unfortunately we're not talking about a nice slice of toast with marmite and butter here, but to get the full benefits of the sleep-promoting properties it should be teamed up with banana and lettuce in an ultimate 'sleep sandwich'.
The banana is a great source of magnesium and potassium, both of which can help relax overstressed muscles. And all three contain tryptophan to stimulate production of key brain calming hormones.
We're not sure how they'd taste together, but could be worth a try if you're lacking in sleep!
- Low calorie snacks
- Salt shockers: Hidden salt in everyday foods
- Natural remedies for anxiety
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Best and worst cheeses for your diet: The healthiest cheese on the shelves
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Top natural hay fever remedies