The theory is that your breath and body heat, when covered with the plastic, will cause your pores to open, allowing your face mask, cream or serum to absorb into deeper layers of the skin and work more effectively.
When paired with a cosmetic facial mask sheet (a thin, face-shaped piece of cotton which you apply your product to and wear beneath the film, £2.79 for 60 on Amazon), the results can apparently be extremely impressive, in just one use.
What do you think of this plastic fantastic treatment - would you give it a go, or will you be sticking to your regular routine?
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Top natural hay fever remedies
- Calories in summer drinks: The best and worst for your diet
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed