The theory is that your breath and body heat, when covered with the plastic, will cause your pores to open, allowing your face mask, cream or serum to absorb into deeper layers of the skin and work more effectively.
When paired with a cosmetic facial mask sheet (a thin, face-shaped piece of cotton which you apply your product to and wear beneath the film, £2.79 for 60 on Amazon), the results can apparently be extremely impressive, in just one use.
What do you think of this plastic fantastic treatment - would you give it a go, or will you be sticking to your regular routine?
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite