Tampons/sanitary towels: save or spend?
According to a qualified GP, 'As a rule, tampon quality doesnít vary much from brand to brand. However, it is an area which is very much down to personal preference, comfort and ease. For most women, applicators versus non applicators is the main deciding factor.'
When it comes to sanitary towels, itís slightly different. 'There is little difference between brands when it comes to quality. Again, comfort and absorbency is the main issue so you should try out different ones in all price bands to see what suits you. However, some of the more well-known brands tend to use more scents and perfume these days and this can cause problems with recurrent thrush or dermatitis. For women with skin irritation,Iíd advise unscented ones - and they happen to be cheaper too.'
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Healthy juice recipes: Detox juices you can make at home
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!