Razors and shaving cream: save or spend?
According to a qualified GP, 'Some razors contain more added products such as moisturisers and some of these can be an irritant. The razor itself is down to personal preference, from the grip to the way it shaves and how your own hair growth and skin react. Iíd say itís more important to look after your skin by shaving properly and moisturise afterwards than worry about the type of razor.'
She adds, 'Itís a similar story with shaving gels. There are more and more chemicals added for silkier skin and these can often irritate. With more people suffering from eczema and allergies these days, I advise more people to go back to basics and use Aveeno cream or aqueous cream as a soap substitute.'
Where to next?
Back to the start of this gallery
Latest food, beauty and kidsí freebies
10 health money-saving tips
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite
- Healthy juice recipes: 12 detox juices you can make at home