Antiseptic cream: save or spend?
Nargis Ara, a consultant medical information pharmacist, explains what they do. 'Antiseptic creams do two things. They prevent infection so there will be an anti-bacterial ingredient in the cream. However, others may contain a local anesthetic so they can also treat the pain. This type both prevents infection and also acts as a mild painkiller. You should compare the different products to see what they do but if you’re after something just to prevent infection, a standard antiseptic cream will do the job.'
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Top natural hay fever remedies
- Calories in summer drinks: The best and worst for your diet
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed