Antiseptic cream: save or spend?
Nargis Ara, a consultant medical information pharmacist, explains what they do. 'Antiseptic creams do two things. They prevent infection so there will be an anti-bacterial ingredient in the cream. However, others may contain a local anesthetic so they can also treat the pain. This type both prevents infection and also acts as a mild painkiller. You should compare the different products to see what they do but if you’re after something just to prevent infection, a standard antiseptic cream will do the job.'
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite
- Healthy juice recipes: 12 detox juices you can make at home