Eye drops: save or spend?
We spoke to a qualified optometrist who says, 'It really does depend with eye drops. There are several different eye drops and sprays on the market and they specifically target a certain part of the tear layer which means one type of eye drop will be better for a certain type of dry eye condition than another. When it comes to your eyes, it is best to ask your optometrist what condition you have and which drops will be more effective.'
'However, as a general rule, I would not, as an optometrist, recommend any eye drops for brightening/sparkling eyes, branded or not. Most of these drops are little more than purified water with a bit of borax thrown in - so in other words they do nothing. The only drops we recommend are ones specific to certain dry eye conditions (of which there are many). Often, these are branded as there arenít generic ones for these conditions.'
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite
- Healthy juice recipes: 12 detox juices you can make at home