15 natural remedies for anxiety
Natural cures for anxiety can be used to treat anxiety attacks or just more generic anxiety symptoms, they're easier on your body than prescription drugs and come with very few, if any, side effects. Not to mention, natural remedies are often less expensive than reaching for the medicine cabinet as well.
The NHS describes the symptoms of anxiousness as being things such as restlessness, a sense of dread, feeling constantly on edge, difficulty concentrating and irritably. Anxiety can also translate into physical symptoms if severe, like dizziness, tiredness, stomach ache, pins and needles or aching tension in muscles, among others.
Anxiety can be brought on by many different things. Perhaps you become anxious when you think about money issues, you have a phobia of small spaces or even find it hard to cope with your family's day to day demands.
One of the simplest ways to combat anxiety is to identify the triggers. Once you know the triggers it will become much easier to consciously help yourself become less anxious.
In extreme cases where anxiety is left ignored it can lead to severe anxiety and panic attacks. If you're worried that you may be suffering from either of these then we would recommend speaking to your doctor or have a look at Mind's website.
Click through to see our 15 best natural remedies to help ease anxiety...
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Healthy juice recipes: Detox juices you can make at home
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu