Test your brain
In their latest study, the researchers asked 1300 participants with an average age of around 67 to stand on one foot with their eyes open for as long as they could. People who found it hard to balance for more than 20 seconds were found to have the worst cognitive test scores, and medical prevelances that gave them the highest likelihood of experiencing a stroke - both indicators of lesser brain health.
‘One-leg standing time is a simple measure of postural instability and might be a consequence of the presence of brain abnormalities,’ study leader Yasuharu Tabara explained.
So now you know how to test your brain, but what about keeping it young and healthy? Read on to find out our top 10 tips on boosting your brain power!
(Psst... Anyone else already up on one leg and testing themselves?)
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Healthy juice recipes: Detox juices you can make at home
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!