Real life weight loss stories: Sarah Gandy
I just loved food - and lots of it!
I didn't lose weight after having my two kids either and, by 2009, I was wearing a size-26!
Then my cousin started the Cambridge Weight Plan and encouraged me to give it a go.
So, in June 2009, I did. Oh, it was hard at first! Going from huge portions to replacement meals of porridge, soups, shakes and bars was a shock - but when I went for my first weigh-in, I'd lost 12lb.
Then, nine weeks in, my dad died and my first thought was to give up. But he'd been obese too, and had been worried about my weight, so I continued for him.
I'm glad I did, as after 10 months, I'd lost 10st 8lb!
My husband jokes that it's like being with another woman. And as I'm so much smaller now than when we first met, I guess he's right!
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Top natural hay fever remedies
- Calories in summer drinks: The best and worst for your diet
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Best bob hairstyles