Real life weight loss stories: Sue Wilson
It was after I had my son, now 7, that I began to pile on the pounds. I'd eat the leftovers off his plate, as well as bigger portions of my own. I love cooking and entertain a lot, so food's a big part of my life.
Then, the summer before last, I turned 40, and I realised I hated being big and unfit. I was lethargic and couldn't run around after my son.
Last New Year, a Rosemary Conley class opened a stone's throw from my door. It combined healthy eating with a weekly exercise class. It was just what I needed, there was no excuse not to go!
The first week, I lost 7lb, then 3lb the next week, and 5 1/2st in the next nine months.
I go to three exercise classes a week, I've joined a running club and learnt to eat well. I feel healthy, have bags of energy, and this year on holiday, I wore a bikini for the first time!
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu