Real life weight loss stories: Alyson Yates
Phew, it was a struggle but they fitted! Trouble was, these shorts were a size-26! I stood in the changing room and cried. That was it - I had to go back to Slimming World.
In my late teens, I'd go clubbing, dance the night away and drink lager by the pint. Then I stopped dancing but continued drinking...and the weight piled on.
In the early 90s I joined Slimming World and lost a couple of stone, then thought I could do it on my own. But all the weight, and more, went back on. This time, I was determined.
I lost 6lb the first week, 2st in three months and then found out I was pregnant. But I carried on, and only put on 8lb during my pregnancy!
Now, four years on, I've lost 8 1/2st, and when I went into the changing room with a size-10 my tears were of pure pleasure!
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Low calorie snacks
- Salt shockers: Hidden salt in everyday foods
- Natural remedies for anxiety
- Best and worst cheeses for your diet: The healthiest cheese on the shelves
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Top natural hay fever remedies