Real life weight loss stories: Heather Birks
For years I ate too much of the wrong food. Exercise? I'd rather watch TV! No wonder I weighed over 17st.
At just 5ft 6in tall, I knew I needed to lose weight, but my heart wasn't in it. Then, I had two shocks!
First, I needed a new skirt for a work do, and I had to buy a size-24! Then the doctor told me my diabetes (which I've had for years) was worse and I'd have to give myself a daily insulin jab. I hate needles!
A friend was already going to Rosemary Conley classes, and suggested I tag along. This was my chance to make a change. I started counting calories, did the weekly exercise class and lost 2lb in the first week, over 7lb in the first month, 4st in a year and, after two years, over 6st.
I only have one regret - I wish I'd done it years ago!
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu