Real life weight loss stories: Mark Bull
'I'll buy your advert if you buy my diet.'
It was an offer I couldn't refuse. I was selling advertising space and by chance had cold-called a Cambridge Weight Plan Consultant. And I had loads of weight to lose!
I'd piled on 15st in 10 years, thanks to a diet of alcohol, junk food and a great social life!
In 2007, my GP warned me I needed to lose weight, so I ditched the junk food, took up walking and, in 10 months, lost 4st. But then my weight loss stopped and I wasn't sure how to kick-start it again...until I made that phone call.
In place of conventional food, I had four liquid supplements a day. I never thought I'd survive on 600 calories a day, but I did, and I was spurred on by losing almost 1st in the first week!
I went on to lose a further 6st in six months. I've now managed to maintain my weight for two years, and these days, I run rather than walk, and I've just completed my second marathon!
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Top natural hay fever remedies
- Calories in summer drinks: The best and worst for your diet
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Best bob hairstyles