Real life weight loss stories: Tricia Hale
'It's puppy fat, you'll grow out of it,' said my mum reassuringly. I was still at primary school then, but she was wrong. I didn't!
I'd buy sweets on my way to school, choose pizza and chips for lunch - and then scoff more sweets on the way home.
My weight did bother me when I was growing up, especially when I got called names, but I thought I couldn't change it.
By the time I left school, I was a size-16, but when size-18 started to get tight, I vowed not to buy size-20 - I just wore stretchy size-18s!
Then a friend at work said she was starting at Slimming World and did I want to go too? I was terrified and excited!
But that first week, I lost 4lb! That was it. I knew I could do it. It wasn't easy - I had no clue about healthy eating! Also, I have a big appetite, but the diet worked for me as I could eat loads - inclduing my fave, jacket potatotes!
I lost 5st in just under a year. I never thought I'd know what it feels like to be slim - but I do now, and it's great!
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Top natural hay fever remedies
- Calories in summer drinks: The best and worst for your diet
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Best bob hairstyles