Real life weight loss stories: Sarah Barron
It was my husband's birthday...We were shown to our table but, when I went to sit down, my bum was too big for the chair. I was so embarrassed!
I started to pile the weight on in 2007 after I had my handbag stolen - not once, but twice. And then, a year leater, I was carjacked in broad daylight.
I was terrified to go out after dark. so I stayed in - and ate.
When I looked in the mirror, I didn't think I looked too bad, even at size-24, but that chair business changed everything.
Now I knew I had to lose weight. Yet I had no idea how.
I'd been driving past my local Curves gym almost every day for 18 months. But I couldn't go in at my size, could I?
I poured my heart out to my mum, who took me to Curves to enrol! All my fears evaporated as I walked through the door. I was made so welcome! I loved my first session. I started in August 2009 and by Christmas I'd lost 22lb!
I changed my diet, too. Out went crisps, biscuits and junk food, replaced with healthy, home-cooked family meals.
I'm measured and weighed once a month. I've lost 6st, I'm a size-14 for the first time in ages, and I'm determined to be a size-12 by Christmas!
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Healthy juice recipes: Detox juices you can make at home
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!