Real life weight loss stories: Deborah Mccourt
I was changing the baby on the floor, stood up and everything went black. I couldn't see the baby - terrifying! Luckily my husband who works shfits, was upstairs but I couldn't see for an hour.
I was suffering from intercranial hypertension, where the pressure of the fluid in my spine was too high. The main cause, I was told, was my size - and I could even end up blind for good.
I was put on medication, but I knew I had to lose weight.
I was big. I'd had six kids in four years, so my body never had time to recover between each pregnancy.
Then, last October, I saw a special offer to join Curves for free...so I did. And it's the best thing I've ever done!
With five of my kids at school, I leave the baby with my husband, nip to the gym for a 30-minute workout, and I'm home in an hour.
I've also been following the Curves Eating Plan, so the family enjoys low-fat versions of our favourite meals.
I joined Curves in October 2010 and lost 4st in seven months. My doc is so pleased with me, I'm off medication completely and I have a clean bill of health.
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite