Real life weight loss stories: Karen Galkoff
There are two years between each of my three kids - and I put on loads of weight when I was pregnant with each of them - and struggled to lose it!
After my last child was born, I tried a diet club, but even though I'd be good and eat salad in the day, come the evening, I'd stuff myself with treats!
A friend, who looked amazing, said she'd been on the Dukan Diet and lost weight. Why didn't I give it a go?
I bought the book and started the low carb/high protein regime.
After the two-day kick-start, I settled down to swapping between an all-protein day, and a protein-plus-vegetable day. I lost half a stone the first week, and now I've shed over 7st!
Now, I've adapted the eating plan to suit my lifestyle, and I rarely touch carbs. If I overindulge, I put myself back on protein days, and I soon get back in shape!
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite
- Healthy juice recipes: 12 detox juices you can make at home