Real life weight loss stories: Janet Brooks
I was slim until I had kids - four in 10 years. Each time I ended up bigger than when I'd started!
Then last year I had to go to the doctor with a thyroid problem. Blood tests showed that I was pre-diabetic. If I didn't lose weight, I'd be on insulin for the rest of my life.
I'd seen the Tony Ferguson Weightloss Programme in my local Boots, so I decided to try it.
With a shake or bar for breakfast and lunch, plus fruit in the day, veg with lunch and a carb-free dinner, I lost 7lb in the first week and 5-st in eight months.
The shakes fill you up and, if I was peckish, I'd have a bowl of sugar-free jelly or a glass of water.
I used to go to Boots for a weekly weigh-in, and there's an online forum where, if you have a problem, someone answers in just a few minutes. I'm the smallest I've been in decades...and it feels great!
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite