Real life weight loss stories: Janet Brooks
I was slim until I had kids - four in 10 years. Each time I ended up bigger than when I'd started!
Then last year I had to go to the doctor with a thyroid problem. Blood tests showed that I was pre-diabetic. If I didn't lose weight, I'd be on insulin for the rest of my life.
I'd seen the Tony Ferguson Weightloss Programme in my local Boots, so I decided to try it.
With a shake or bar for breakfast and lunch, plus fruit in the day, veg with lunch and a carb-free dinner, I lost 7lb in the first week and 5-st in eight months.
The shakes fill you up and, if I was peckish, I'd have a bowl of sugar-free jelly or a glass of water.
I used to go to Boots for a weekly weigh-in, and there's an online forum where, if you have a problem, someone answers in just a few minutes. I'm the smallest I've been in decades...and it feels great!
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu