Real life weight loss stories: Paul Cook
'Hey, wait for me!' It was Easter 2009 and I was walking around the track at Brands Hatch with a bunch of mates, but I couldn't keep up, and they left me behind. I had to lose weight!
I started putting on weight when I was 12. I used to snack on crisps, chocolate and fizzy drinks. Over the next 16 years, I kept on getting bigger, until I was wearing 48-in waist trousers!
I'd decided to lose weight, and I bought the home-fitness programme EA Sports Active 2 to use on my Wii.
The first day, I tried a gentle 20-minute workout, but I was so unfit that after six minutes, I had to have a sit-down on the settee!
But after using it every day for two weeks, I'd lost 2lb. I also started to eat sensibly and in nine months, lost 15st - half my weight!
I still work out every day - but on the hardest levels. I've got masses of energy and no-one leaves me behind any more!
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams