Real life weight loss stories: Penny Morris
'I'm going to join Slimming World,' said my friend Zoe. 'I'll go with you,' I said.
I knew she really wanted to go, I was only going as support.
Not that I didn't need to lose weight! I've always had to watch what I eat, and I'd been slowly getting heavier for years.
I put it down to the good life - eating too much, enjoying a few drinks, and always driving, never walking.
At my first meeting none of it made any sense to me, but I went along with it and, a week later, I'd lost 5lb!
Well that was it, I was 100 percent committed. Along with sensible eating, I walk everywhere. I run up the stairs at work, do yoga and Pilates. I've lost over 3st in just five months, and I feel great.
Now when I wear my size-8 jeans and I'm told that I look amazing, I'm absolutely thrilled to bits!
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite
- Healthy juice recipes: 12 detox juices you can make at home