Real life weight loss stories: Jo Butcher
She's fat! I thought. It took me a minute to realise I was staring in a changing-room mirror!
I blame chocolate. My mum left when I was seven, and chocolate made things feel better. Trouble was my dad owned a corner shop so it was too easy to get!
I'd tried to diet, but never taken it seriously. I especially hated exercise - but knew I had to get moving to lose weight.
That's why I started at Rosemary Conley in January 2007. With sensible eating and an aerobic class, the pounds dropped off me.
I lost a stone in four weeks, and when I went on holiday in the June, I'd lost 4st and bought my first ever bikini. Six months earlier, I'd been a size-20!
When I came back, I lost another stone - 5 st in all - and it's the most uplifting feeling ever!
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite
- Healthy juice recipes: 12 detox juices you can make at home