Real life weight loss stories: Jo Butcher
She's fat! I thought. It took me a minute to realise I was staring in a changing-room mirror!
I blame chocolate. My mum left when I was seven, and chocolate made things feel better. Trouble was my dad owned a corner shop so it was too easy to get!
I'd tried to diet, but never taken it seriously. I especially hated exercise - but knew I had to get moving to lose weight.
That's why I started at Rosemary Conley in January 2007. With sensible eating and an aerobic class, the pounds dropped off me.
I lost a stone in four weeks, and when I went on holiday in the June, I'd lost 4st and bought my first ever bikini. Six months earlier, I'd been a size-20!
When I came back, I lost another stone - 5 st in all - and it's the most uplifting feeling ever!
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Healthy juice recipes: Detox juices you can make at home
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!