Real life weight loss stories: Jo Butcher
She's fat! I thought. It took me a minute to realise I was staring in a changing-room mirror!
I blame chocolate. My mum left when I was seven, and chocolate made things feel better. Trouble was my dad owned a corner shop so it was too easy to get!
I'd tried to diet, but never taken it seriously. I especially hated exercise - but knew I had to get moving to lose weight.
That's why I started at Rosemary Conley in January 2007. With sensible eating and an aerobic class, the pounds dropped off me.
I lost a stone in four weeks, and when I went on holiday in the June, I'd lost 4st and bought my first ever bikini. Six months earlier, I'd been a size-20!
When I came back, I lost another stone - 5 st in all - and it's the most uplifting feeling ever!
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Low calorie snacks
- Salt shockers: Hidden salt in everyday foods
- Natural remedies for anxiety
- Best and worst cheeses for your diet: The healthiest cheese on the shelves
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Top natural hay fever remedies