Real life weight loss stories: Kat Baistow
'Ditch the weight or you'll end up like your dad,' my GP said.
My dad was overweight and had just been diagnosed with Type-2 diabetes. The doctor prescribed me appetite suppressants. They worked, but when I stopped taking them I put the weight straight back...and more!
I'd started getting big after a knee op in 2002 stopped me exercising. But once I was back on my feet, I still never exercised!
I was also finishing work at midnight, and there was fast-food galore on the way home! I was living in Australia then, but in April 2009 I moved to the UK, and started an Avon round. I was walking every day and started to lose weight...
Then I got a busy cleaning job and in a year I lost 5st. As well as Avon, I'm also a nanny now and running after a 5-year-old sure burns off calories!
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite