Real life weight loss stories: Kat Baistow
'Ditch the weight or you'll end up like your dad,' my GP said.
My dad was overweight and had just been diagnosed with Type-2 diabetes. The doctor prescribed me appetite suppressants. They worked, but when I stopped taking them I put the weight straight back...and more!
I'd started getting big after a knee op in 2002 stopped me exercising. But once I was back on my feet, I still never exercised!
I was also finishing work at midnight, and there was fast-food galore on the way home! I was living in Australia then, but in April 2009 I moved to the UK, and started an Avon round. I was walking every day and started to lose weight...
Then I got a busy cleaning job and in a year I lost 5st. As well as Avon, I'm also a nanny now and running after a 5-year-old sure burns off calories!
- Natural remedies for anxiety
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Best and worst cheeses for your diet: The healthiest cheese on the shelves
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Top natural hay fever remedies
- Calories in summer drinks: The best and worst for your diet
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams