Real life weight loss stories: Vicky Martin
Takeaways have a lot to answer for! I started gaining weight when I was 18, the same time as I starting going out. Along with booze came pizzas, burgers and kebabs!
When I got married in 2006 I was 15 stone, but we started eating takeaways at least three times a week - two years later I weighed 17st 12lb.
A friend of mine went to Weight Watchers so I tagged along - being an accountant, I liked the idea of counting points!
I soon learnt healthy eating habits and I joined a gym. Slowly but surely I lost weight and this February I reached my goal having shed 7 stone!
I thought I had no willpower, but I was wrong. I still eat healthily and exercise. I see it as a lifestyle change, not a diet, and I won't go back to being a size 24...
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu