Real life weight loss stories: Tracie Bates
Yes, I was big, but I thought I looked pretty good - until I saw this photo of me on holiday! I weighed 15 1/2 st.
Then I saw an article about the New You Boot Camp and thought: I could do that! My dad was in the military so the tough-love approach appealed!
I signed up for a week's camp, and, boy, was I in for a shock! I was so unfit, I could hardly run 200 yards - and by the end of day two, I was really struggling.
Running with logs, pushing a minibus (with people in it!), war games, mountain biking, push-ups - I did the lot.
But I lasted the course and by the end of the week I'd lost half a stone and dropped a dress size!
When I got home, I started to run on my own, I ate healthly and in eight months (and another boot camp visit!) I'd lost a brilliant 5 1/2 st.
These days, I'll still eat a curry, but next day I'll go for a six-mile run to compensate.
That's my pay-off deal - and it works for me!
- Healthy juice recipes: Detox juices you can make at home
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!